Capitolshots Photography’s collection of images of the Iowa Old State Capitol in Iowa City, Iowa.
Designed by John F. Rague and completed in 1842, the Greek Revival structure served as the last territorial capitol and the first state capitol of Iowa. It served as Iowa’s state capitol from 1846 through 1857, when the state government relocated to Des Moines. The building now sits on the campus of the University of Iowa and houses the Old Capitol Museum. The Iowa Old State Capitol is a National Historic Landmark.
All photos © Capitolshots Photography/TwoFiftyFour Photos, LLC, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.