Scroll Down For All Historic Essex County Courthouse Images
Capitolshots Photography’s collection of images of the historic Essex County Courthouse in Newark, New Jersey.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the gallery of historic Essex County Courthouse stock photos. File names are visible at the beginning of the caption underneath each image after enlargement.
Designed by Cass Gilbert, the Newark courthouse was constructed in 1907. The marble Essex County Courthouse, a Beaux-Arts structure, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The courthouse was rededicated in 2004 after a $50 million restoration led by Farewell Mills Gatsch Architects. A newer Essex County Courthouse was built nearby in 1970.