Cherokee National Capitol

Cherokee National Capitol (Tahlequah, Oklahoma)

Cherokee National Capitol (Tahlequah, Oklahoma)

Scroll Down For All Cherokee National Capitol Images

Capitolshots Photography’s collection of images of the Cherokee National Capitol in Tahlequah, Oklahoma.

Scroll to the bottom of the page for the gallery of Cherokee National Capitol stock photos.  File names are visible at the beginning of the caption underneath each image after enlargement.

Designed by C.W. Goodlander and completed in 1869, the brick Italianate structure served as the Cherokee capitol until Oklahoma statehood in 1907, at which point the structure became the Cherokee County Courthouse.  The building was turned back over to the Cherokee Nation in 1979 after the completion of the current Cherokee County Courthouse.

The Chickasaw National Capitol, which currently houses the judicial system for the Cherokee Nation, is a National Historic Landmark.

Cherokee-National-Capitol-01001W.jpgCherokee-National-Capitol-01002W.jpgCherokee-National-Capitol-01003W.jpgCherokee-National-Capitol-01004W.jpgCherokee-National-Capitol-01005W.jpgCherokee-National-Capitol-01006W.jpgCherokee-National-Capitol-01007W.jpgCherokee-National-Capitol-01008W.jpgCherokee-National-Capitol-01009W.jpgCherokee-National-Capitol-01010W.jpgCherokee-National-Capitol-01011W.jpgCherokee-National-Capitol-01012W.jpgCherokee-National-Capitol-01013W.jpgCherokee-National-Capitol-01014W.jpg