Hamilton County Courthouse

Hamilton County Courthouse (Hamilton, Texas)

Hamilton County Courthouse (Hamilton, Texas)

Hamilton County Courthouse (Hamilton, Texas)

Scroll Down For All Hamilton County Courthouse Images

Capitolshots Photography’s collection of images of the Hamilton County Courthouse in Hamilton, Texas, as it neared the end of restoration efforts funded by the Texas Historical Commission in the spring of 2011.

Scroll to the bottom of the page for the gallery of v County Courthouse stock photos.  File names are visible at the beginning of the caption underneath each image after enlargement.

Built in 1886, the limestone courthouse, the county’s third, was originally designed by Mason, Martin, Byrnes And Johnston as a Second Empire building.  In 1931, the Hamilton courthouse was reshaped by E.M. Miles into a Classical Revival structure in a remodeling which included the removal of the clock tower.

The building was rededicated in 2012 after restoration efforts, led by Komatsu Architecture, which included the reinstallation of a clock tower.  The Hamilton County Courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a Texas Historic Landmark.