Capitolshots Photography has images of the following Rhode Island courthouses available. Please click to see the entire collection of photos for each building. All photos © Capitolshots Photography/TwoFiftyFour Photos, LLC, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Photos of the historic Bristol County Courthouse in Bristol, Rhode Island. Designed by Russell Warren and built in 1816, the Federal-style Bristol courthouse was one of five state houses used in rotation by the Rhode Island General Assembly from 1819 through 1853. From 1853 through the early 1980s, the building served as a courthouse. The Bristol County Courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Photos of the historic Kent County Courthouse, now East Greenwich Town Hall, in East Greenwich, Rhode Island. Designed by Oliver Wickes and built in 1803, the building first served as the Kent County Courthouse and was one of five buildings in each county of the state in which the Rhode Island State Assembly met on a rotating basis. The building, which has served as East Greenwich Town Hall since 1974 and was completely restored in 1995, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Photos of the historic Kings County Courthouse, now the Kingston Free Library, in Kingston, Rhode Island. Built in 1775 (Kings County changed its name to Washington County in 1781), the building hosted sessions of the Rhode Island General Assembly on a rotating basis from 1776 through 1791 and served as the county courthouse from 1776 through 1891. The former Kingston courthouse is part of the Kingston Village Historical District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Photos of the Newport County Courthouse, officially the Florence K. Murray Judicial Complex, in Newport, Rhode Island. Designed by Appleton And Stearns, the Colonial Revival building opened in 1927. The Newport courthouse was expanded and given its current name in 1990. The building now houses administrative offices for the county.