Capitolshots Photography’s collection of images of the Hamilton County Courthouse in Hamilton, Texas, as it neared the end of restoration efforts funded by the Texas Historical Commission in the spring of 2011.
Built in 1886, the limestone courthouse, the county’s third, was originally designed by Mason, Martin, Byrnes And Johnston as a Second Empire building. In 1931, the Hamilton courthouse was reshaped by E.M. Miles into a Classical Revival structure in a remodeling which included the removal of the clock tower. The building was rededicated in 2012 after restoration efforts, led by Komatsu Architecture, which included the reinstallation of a clock tower. The Hamilton County Courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a Texas Historic Landmark.
All photos © Capitolshots Photography/TwoFiftyFour Photos, LLC, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.