Scroll Down For All Newport Colony House Images
Capitolshots Photography’s collection of images of the Newport Colony House in Newport, Rhode Island.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the gallery of Newport Colony House stock photos. File names are visible at the beginning of the caption underneath each image after enlargement.
Designed by Richard Munday and completed in 1741, the building became the meeting place for the colonial legislature. From independence through the occupation of the Rhode Island State House in 1901, the state assembly alternated its sessions between this building and the Old State House in Providence. The building later served as the Newport County Courthouse until 1926.
The building is a National Historic Landmark.